About Allstar Milton
Here at Allstar Chimney Sweep and Repair of Milton FL, we specialize in top-of-the-line chimney and fireplace service repair. We have had 30 years of professional experience, so we have built a reputation for quality service and trust. That service is performed by trained and certified technicians who have the skills to take on any chimney nor fireplace issue you might have. They are respectful of your home and make sure to never get anything dirt or out of place. Here at Allstar of Milton, Satisfaction is our promise and our guarantee. Our technicians will give you a detailed report showing what they did and how they did it, so you’ll never have to wonder if the job they did was anything less than quality. Our technicians are also courteous of your time and will call you 30 minutes before arrival to assure that you are ready for them. This is what makes Allstar the best choice for all chimney and fireplace needs.
Sealants, Which Is The Best?
Looking at a home from the street, you notice there is a chimney on one side of the home. It is not the most common thing to notice, but it does get noticed. Since it is subject to continuously changing climates like the blazing sun to free-thaw sessions, there is a higher chance of your chimney cracking. Sometimes there are holes in the previous sealants that can lead to further water damage, especially to your home. Though bricks are normally strong structure material, they do soak up lots of water. The best way to prevent damage from any dampness and water is to block with a strong sealant.
Types of Sealants
- Cures rapidly
- Cures to a delicate completion
- Not very useful for high traffic territories
- Does not hold up to abrasions well
- Works best on materials like metal, glass, and tile
- Utilized in any temperature, functions great in the chilly temperatures
- The life expectancy of 20+ years
- Over 24 hours to completely dry
- Cures to a hard completion
- Does work well in high rush hour gridlock areas
- Holds up well to abrasions
- Works best on wood only
- Highly difficult to apply in cooler temperatures and does not a strong bond when cold
- Long term life expectancy
Sealants are put along the connecting edges of the chimney to the home. Not sure of which sealant is best for your home? No worries, call Allstar Chimney Sweep to speak with our team. Our expertly trained technicians are here to serve you and protect your home from further problems. Also, they are here to answer any of your questions throughout the sweep, inspection, and repair.