Allstar Chimney Sweeps and Fireplace Repair of Pensacola Beach
Chimney Animal Removal
Why Should I Choose Allstar Chimney Sweep Pensacola Beach?
We Floridians love our sun and would probably be just fine if it were warm all year long, but, eventually, the winter is coming. To help stay warm during those colder months, many people want to use their fireplace but aren’t always sure if it’s safe or not.
Allstar Chimney Sweep Pensacola Beach Florida is your local premium chimney service provider who has served the state for over 30 years. We live and breathe chimneys and we do it for the people. We want you to have the safest and most fulfilling experience possible with your chimney and fireplace so we dedicate ourselves to delivering service with precision and unmatched quality.
We have a solution to fit your needs. With expertise in inspections, sweeps, repairs, waterproofing, animal removals, and installations we are proud to be the top-tier full-service chimney provider in the state. Not everyone needs all of the services we offer and we don’t try to sell you anything you don’t need. Our mission at Allstar Chimney Sweep Pensacola Beach Florida is always safety first and helping you achieve your fireplace and chimney vision.
No matter what it is you’re looking for, we are here to help you find it. Getting started is easy. First, you call us or submit an online request to set an appointment. Next, our technicians arrive at your home on time and ready to complete a multi-point inspection in which at the conclusion they will provide you with a condition report highlighting what’s next. It’s really that easy. No matter what your plans are for your chimney and fireplace, it’s best to make sure the structure is strong and up to code.
Call us now because Allstar Chimney Sweep Pensacola Florida has technicians available as early as today to help you achieve your chimney mission and reinforce the safety of you and your home.
Give Us a Call Today
Do i need a fireplace when you live on the beach?
While the climate in Florida is generally warm, there may still be cooler evenings during the winter months when a fireplace could provide a cozy atmosphere. Additionally, a fireplace can serve as an aesthetic focal point in a beach house, adding character and charm to the space.
The perks of having a fireplace in a beach house include:
- Cozy atmosphere: Even in a warm climate like Florida, a fireplace can provide a cozy atmosphere on cooler evenings or during rainy days. It’s a great way to add warmth and comfort to your home.
- Aesthetic appeal: A fireplace can be a beautiful focal point in a beach house, adding character and charm to the space. It can also be a great way to incorporate natural elements like stone or driftwood into your home’s decor.
- Functional heating source: In the event of a power outage or during cooler months, a fireplace can provide a functional heating source, which can be especially helpful if you plan to use your beach house year-round.
- Sound of waves: The sound of waves crashing on the beach is already relaxing, but when combined with the crackling of a fire in the fireplace, it can create a soothing and peaceful ambiance that is hard to beat.
A fireplace can provide a unique and enjoyable experience, combining the beauty of the beach with the comfort and warmth of a cozy fire!
Common Animals To Invade Chimneys
Hazards/Problems with Animals Being in a Chimney
Taking shelter in the chimney can be ideal for some critters while others are trapped. Animals tend to cause issues for homeowners such as being noisy and messy by leaving behind droppings and scraps of food. They can clog your chimney with chosen nesting materials, preventing smoke from escaping and causing a fire. Blockages can raise the risks of carbon monoxide buildup inside the home. There is a higher risk of the animal finding its way into your home. Animals do not bathe like humans causing an odor and their droppings are just as bad. The smell can become worse if the animal becomes trapped and dies inside. Animals carry diseases on their fur and in their droppings. These contaminated droppings can sicken a family. These animals are most active at night which can be a nuisance for homeowners.
Animals of any kind are to be removed by a professional. There are many threats these animals can cause to someone who does not know what they are doing. These creatures can be easily scared in places where they will become stuck and die. If there is an animal carcass, it is best to have it removed professionally as there are potential health hazards.
- For warmth and protection, birds will build their nests inside chimneys. The Chimney swift, a smaller species, tend to build their nests on the flue lines while larger species will build their nests on the damper or smoke shelf. With the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, it is against the law to remove nesting birds. You will have to wait for the brood, or young birds, to leave. If there are reasons you cannot wait for the broods to leave then it is best to seek out local wildlife officers/services. This must be done before a professional can clean your chimney and install a heavy-duty stainless steel chimney cap.
- Nocturnal and known for their aggressive attitudes, raccoons are hard to remove from chimneys. One bite can cause rabies, and possibly roundworms. These critters, in particular, need to be removed by a professional only. Black steel and aluminum are no match for these critters as they are able to breakthrough. The best solution to keep them locked out is to install a heavy-duty stainless steel chimney cover.
- Excellent for warmth and shelter, bats will look hard for places like a chimney. Another animal that carries rabies, it is best to have removed by a professional. Though it is hard to keep them out due they are able to fit through bird screens or open mortar joints in the brickwork. The installation of a damper and chimney cap can help prevent bats from getting into the home.
- Squirrels are notorious for building their nests in chimneys and tend to make them extremely tight. These normally will block the ventilation of the chimney flue causing a chimney fire. Squirrels are known for climbing through the dampers entering the home. The best way to prevent their entry is to have a professional install a heavy stainless steel chimney cover.
Hearing noises of wildlife coming from inside your chimney? There could be endless types of animals to have invaded your chimney. Never light a fire in your chimney unless you have had your annual chimney sweep.
An annual chimney sweep could save your home from creatures entering the home, even more the horrific smell from lighting a fire without removing them or their waste prior. Call your local chimney service today to learn more about why it is important to have an annual sweep, if not twice a year for precaution.