Allstar Chimney Sweep Albany is ready to service all your chimney and fireplace needs. For a complete list of our services, take a look at the Services menu at the top of your screen. For any questions you have, get in touch with us by calling (229) 466-4973 visit our contact page! We’re looking forward to helping in any way we can and becoming your personal chimney sweep Albany.
The Allstar Team strives to provide industry-leading precision. Our mission is to build a relationship with the people we serve because we want to have the privilege of being your chimney sweep. So we’ll accomplish this by doing what it takes to exceed your expectations and by providing the best service offered by any chimney sweep in Albany. We understand that you want to know what’s going on, and we’ll make sure you’re always kept updated. Let us solve all your chimney problems.
Sealants, Which Is The Best?
Looking at a home from the street, you notice there is a chimney on one side of the home. It is not the most common thing to notice, but it does get noticed. Since it is subject to continuously changing climates like the blazing sun to free-thaw sessions, there is a higher chance of your chimney cracking. Sometimes there are holes in the previous sealants that can lead to further water damage, especially to your home. Though bricks are normally strong structure material, they do soak up lots of water. The best way to prevent damage from any dampness and water is to block with a strong sealant.
Types of Sealants
- Cures rapidly
- Cures to a delicate completion
- Not very useful for high traffic territories
- Does not hold up to abrasions well
- Works best on materials like metal, glass, and tile
- Utilized in any temperature, functions great in the chilly temperatures
- The life expectancy of 20+ years
- Over 24 hours to completely dry
- Cures to a hard completion
- Does work well in high rush hour gridlock areas
- Holds up well to abrasions
- Works best on wood only
- Highly difficult to apply in cooler temperatures and does not a strong bond when cold
- Long term life expectancy
Sealants are put along the connecting edges of the chimney to the home. Not sure of which sealant is best for your home? No worries, call Allstar Chimney Sweep to speak with our team. Our expertly trained technicians are here to serve you and protect your home from further problems. Also, they are here to answer any of your questions throughout the sweep, inspection, and repair.
Contact AllStar Chimney Sweep
Join our Facebook to stay up to date on the latest news
Join our Instagram to stay up to date on the latest news